In just a few short months, COVID-19 has significantly altered the recruiting and hiring landscape. Some companies are experiencing layoffs and massive budget cuts, others are stagnant, and still others are seeing substantial growth. Industries are experiencing the same variety, with Healthcare, Trucking & Warehousing, Retail, and Call Centers leading the market in terms of fast-paced hiring.
Healthcare is in desperate need of practitioners, and the demand for nurses has driven searches up by 65%. Trucking and warehousing are experiencing the same type of spike, with search increases of 60% and 44%, respectively. Retail searches are also up by a shocking 48%, with grocery stores’ active job posts increasing by as much as 21%. Finally, call centers are receiving a similar surge in interest from employers, and searches have increased by 39%.
Programmatic campaigns for healthcare, warehousing, and call centers are all showing signs of expanded hiring practices, as well. The latter two are seeing falling CPAs and CPCs with rising clicks and applies; the former is performing similarly save for one minor difference: CPCs are staying consistent.
While there is no set strategy for handling this sort of situation and increase in hiring, there are certainly ways to manage, adjust, and perhaps even thrive in this new normal – and Bayard is here to help.
Employers whose hiring needs have increased dramatically are currently in a bit of a bind. They’ve essentially lost all of the in-person channels that are normally used to advertise, interview, and familiarize candidates with their companies, and it probably seems near impossible to hire quickly and effectively. However, there are a plethora of ways to continue – or even improve – the hiring process given the current situation.
- Conduct interviews via a video interview platform. Interview Stream is a great browser-based, mobile-optimized choice that is the most popular tool for entry-level positions. It features live interviewing, an interview scheduler, and an interview builder with 4,000 pre-vetted competency-based questions. HireVue includes on-demand interviewing, live interviewing, and an interview scheduler, as well as assessment tools. Finally, SparkHire allows for both live interviewing and on-demand interviews.
- Hold a virtual career fair. Use Brazen and Text Recruit (from iCiMS) to host virtual career fairs. Both feature live chat with candidates and the creation of landing pages to attract talent to your events.
- Continue creating hiring content with employee-generated videos. Altru allows companies to utilize credible employee-generated videos on their careers sites, CRM, and social media, as well as within job descriptions and email. Their software also permits companies to edit, brand and approve employee content before releasing it.
- Access your CRM. Defining your candidate experience allows you to cultivate and maintain positive relationships with talent of the past, present, and future, and also helps to produce a generous talent pipeline.
- Partner with a Recruiting Solutions team. Our Recruiting Solutions division brings expertise, scalability, and talent acquisition transformation to its partners through sourcing, taking calls, and its vast knowledge in process technology organization and systems.
- Anything else. Let us know the issues your organization is experiencing, and we will find and share a tailored solution.
These uncertain times are weighing on us all, and we know that large changes in recruiting needs can be stressful, especially during a crucial period such as this one. That’s why we’re here – to ensure that we’re doing our part – and to be a committed, solutions-driven partner to your organization.